The Barony of Lions Gate (Vancouver, BC )
Event Main Contact (Branch Seneschal): Cáemgen mac Garbith ui Andrais
Date: October 8 , 2021 until October, 10 2021
Site opens at: 3:00 PM on October 8th 2021
Site closes at: 2:00 PM on October 10th 2021
20315 16th Ave
Langley, BC V2Z 1W5
Their Majesties Christian and Hélène welcome those who would vie for the Lion Thrones to the Crown Tournament to be held in Lions Gate. Safety continues to be the Kingdom’s number one priority in that the tournament will be open only to fighters, consorts, required officers, marshals, event staff and heralds.
Fall Crown 2021
Location: Camp McLean, Barony of Lions Gate
20315 16 Ave, Langley, BC V2Z 1W5
Dates: October 8th to 10th 2021
Pre-registration is required for all attendees, and you will not be allowed onsite without it. Cut-off for Pre-reg will be midnight Sunday Oct 3rd, 2021
Pre-registration is now closed
For those traveling from the U.S. – – Please be aware of all the current COVID protocols for crossing the border. Due to the changing nature of the COVID protocols, please ensure to double check these links and event copy closer to the event date.
EVENT COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- Do a self-assessment before you leave home:
- Do NOT come to the event if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever/feeling feverish, cough, sore throat, headache, runny nose, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste and/or loss of smell.
- Do not come if you have been in contact with a current confirmed case of COVID-19, or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Bring a mask as they will be required at all times except when actively eating or drinking or participating in martial activities.” to this “Bring a mask as they will be required when inside an indoor area unless actively eating or drinking.
- Practice social distancing.
- Bring all food and drink that you will require. There will be none supplied on site.
- If you leave site, you will be required to process through COVID Screening again
What to expect when you arrive:
- Our team will be ready for you at the main entrance of Camp McLean off of 16th Avenue.
- Please stay in your vehicle and follow the directions of our team on arrival.
- We expect the arrivals process to take longer than usual due to the new system of checking everyone’s ID and Vaccine Credentials.
- When you arrive, have your ID and Vaccine Credentials ready. This will help speed up the process.
- Once the process of ID and Vaccine check is complete, you will be directed towards Gate for event entry
- This system is new to many of you, and to us. Please be patient and understanding as we work through it together.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and that of those under your control, as you believe to be necessary.
PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE AGAIN CLOSER TO THE EVENT IN CASE THERE HAVE BEEN CHANGES TO COVID, BORDER OR EVENT POLICIES
Event Schedule (subject the change if necessary)
Lists 8 AM to 10 AM
Invocation of the Lists 11 AM
Tournament Begins Noon
Court 4 PM (or half an hour after the end of tournament
Event Registration Fees
Adults: $30 for adults, $5 discount for members
Children: free – minors in BC are 18 and under
US funds accepted at par; change at Gate will be provided in Canadian funds.
Cheques made payable to “Barony of Lions Gate”.
Gate will be open:
Friday October 8th: 3PM to Midnight
Saturday October 9th: 8AM to TBD
Due to COVID screening anyone who will be arriving on site after midnight on Friday night will have to make special arrangements with the Event Staff
**Smoking only allowed in marked location** (location indicated on site map)
Fire Policy will be determined by conditions/regulations at the time of the event.
There are several water taps available on site (locations marked on site map)
Flush toilets are available
Dogs – Please note that dogs are only allowed on-leash. This will be strictly enforced.
Event Steward: Duke UlfR Blodfotur Fallgrson email
Co-Event Steward: Mistress Isabella Lucrezia email
Finance / Gate: Dame Elena de Maisnilwarin email
Marshall in Charge (MiC):
CABINS AND RVs:
Please Note: Requests for Cabins and RV reservations are now open and will close by October 3rd
**We have limited RV spaces at this site. RV Reservations are first-come, first-served. You will receive a notification when your reservation has been confirmed.
RV Reservation Request Contact – Duke UlfR email
We have 10 cabins that we will be opening up for reservations. Priority will be given to those who are traveling from afar and who have a group to fill the space (Due to COVID protocols). These will be available for $50. The cabins are basic scout cabins with 4 bunk beds each and reasonable space for bags/boxes, etc. There is no heat, and it is October, so pack accordingly.
Cabin Space Request Contact – Isabella Lucrezia email
There are flush toilets and showers in the same area as the cabins.
We have no special arrangements with the hotels. Below are some hotels that are the closest to the site. We cannot claim any special knowledge of these hotels other than that they are nearby.
· Travelodge by Wyndham Langley
Nearest Grocery Store to site:
2410 – 200 St, Langley City, BC V2Z 1X1
2.7 km (1.6 miles) from site
Hours: 8am to 9pm
Real Canadian Superstore
2332 160 St, Surrey, BC V3S 9N6
10.6 km (6.6 miles from site
Hours: 7am to 11pm
Nearest Hardware Store to site:
2525 160 St, Surrey, BC, V3S 0C8
Hours: 7am to 10pm
18 AND UNDER ARE MINORS IN THE PROVINCE OF BC
Fall Crown is being held in the province of BC, and the age of majority here is 19. Please be aware of the following and avoid delay or disappointment at gate.
All minors must provide either:
1. Proof of blue card SCA membership
2. The “Minor Consent to Participate and Hold Harmless Agreement” (link minor form) signed by their parent or legal guardian. This can be signed on site by the parent/legal guardian if they are accompanying the minor.
If not accompanied by their parent/legal guardian, all minors must
1. Be accompanied by an adult (21 or over), who will be responsible for them at the event,
2. Present to gate two copies of the Medical Waiver for Minors – Canadian version (link minor medical waiver), signed by their parent/legal guardian,
3. Present to gate a photocopy of scanned printout of the parent or legal guardian’s driver’s license or comparable ID that has the parent’s or legal guardian’s signature displayed.
Along with the requirements in regard to COVID, for those travelling from the US, please remember that you’ll need your passport, or other suitable government ID to cross the border. Also, be sure to check the government websites for what you are permitted to bring to Canada. There are specific rules surrounding cross border transport of fruits and vegetables, meats, alcohol, firearms, and illegal or controlled substances.