Hosted in-person by
The Barony of Three Mountains (Clackamas & Multnomah Counties, OR)
Event Main Contact (Event Steward): Carith de Cuevas
Date: September 28 , 2023 until October, 1 2023
Site opens at: 6:00 PM on September 28th 2023
Site closes at: 3:00 PM on October 1th 2023
26450 S Beavercreek Rd
Beavercreek, OR 97004-8795
This is a Level 1: Other (Branch primary events of regional or Kingdom interest) event.
Event Name: Academia Voluntaria
- Barony of Three Mountains
- Event Steward: HL Carith de Cuevas
- Date: September 28 – October 1, 2023
- Site opens: 6:00 PM, September 28, 2023
- Site closes: 3:00 PM, October 1, 2023
- Event site: Whitmore Pond, 26450 S. Beavercreek Rd. Beavercreek, Oregon 97004-8795
Pre-Registration Is Highly Encouraged, classes will fill on a first come, first served basis.
To the populace of the Kingdom of An Tir, Lords, Ladies, and Kind Gentles all. It is our deepest hope that this educational event will bring together people throughout the Rivers Region, Kingdom of An Tir, and the Known World to our first educational event to focus on all things associated with giving within the SCA. We hope to forge friendships, encourage chivalry, and build or renew the dream.
Below are a listing of educational opportunities as well as activities we have planned for your entertainment:
Our event will host four tracts of classes focused on volunteering and courtesy in the areas of:
- Newcomers and Changing Focus in the SCA
- Chivalry and Sport
- Arts and Sciences
• A “town square” for each Baronial and Kingdom Office
- Thrown Weapons
- Archery Royal Rounds
- Rapier Dueling
- Heavies Fighting
• A Friday Night Torchlight Tournament (Heavy and Rapier – Not a Championship Event)
• A Saturday Night Potluck Revel – Hosted Main Course/Potluck
• Largesse Competition
• The Virgin Countess Inn (you can purchase as many meals as you like for the weekend)
Mark your calendars for the Academia Voluntaria. Be sure to check the 3M Facebook page for pre-registration, class registration, and a detailed schedule.
We look forward to having you be our guest!