Hosted in-person by
The Shire of River’s Bend (Kelso & Longview, Cowlitz County, WA)
Event Main Contact (Event Steward): Artuir the Rogue
Date: August 25 , 2022 until August, 28 2022
Site opens at: 12:00 PM on August 25th 2022
Site closes at: 4:00 PM on August 28th 2022
Wahkiakum County Fairgrounds
16 Fairgrounds Rd
Skamokawa, WA 98647
This is a Level 1: Other (Branch primary events of regional or Kingdom interest) event.
The Shire of Rivers Bend in conjunction with An Tir’s Artillers Guild invite you to attend William Tell Archery Tourney XXXV August 25 –28th held at the Wahkiakum County Fairgrounds in Skamokawa Wa. The site opens on Thursday at noon. Travellers soup will be available at 4pm.
Come join us for a multitude of Archery and Thrown weapons contests including the new Ironman competition. Our infamous Scottish Rules Croquet returns along with The Guillermo de Serra Patance Memorial Bocce tourney.
Site fee: Adults Non-Member $25 for the weekend or $15 day trip, Adult Members $20 for the weekend, $10 day trip. Youth, 13-17 is $10 for the weekend and $5 day trip. Children 12 and under free. Family camp for non-member is $70, for member the cap is $60.
The Iron Archer Competition will consist of the following:
· Windsor Round – 60, 50, 40 yards: (6 ends of 6) at each distance. (MUST BE COMPLETED IN THE SAME SCORING DAY, DOES NOT NEED TO BE SCORED ALL AT ONE TIME) Can shoot as many as possible, your best score will apply.
· IKAC Round – 40, 30, 20 yards: 1 dozen arrows (2 ends of 6) at each distance, plus two 30 second timed ends at each distance. (MUST BE SHOT IN ONE ‘MOVEMENT’, CAN’T STOP THEN RESUME AT A LATER TIME)
· William Tell Crossbow Shoot – Shooting Apples off mannequin head at xx yards using a period Crossbow and Bolts (Provided by the Guild). For added difficulty and fairness contestants may not use their own crossbows.
· Iron Archer Novelty – A grueling, arrow breaking, mind bending novelty, details of which will not be revealed till the day of the shoot. Contestants should be prepared to shoot from unusual positions at unusual and dynamic targets, which are potentially unfriendly to arrow survival.
· Combined – Adult/youth-child shoot.
*Archers will be permitted to shoot and submit scores for the conventional (Normal Target/scoring) portions of the Iron Archer/William Tell shoots at any time that the range is open.
*The nonconventional / novelty shoots will ONLY be shot at scheduled times, no other archery (or thrown weapons, if offered) will take place during these times.
*Absolutely No Archery or Thrown Weapons will be permitted during the Guillermo de Serra Patance Memorial Bocce Tournament, or the Scottish Rules Croquet.
The Guillermo de Serra Patance Memorial Bocce tourney returns for the ladies. There will be a men’s contest this year as well.
The infamous Scottish Rules Croquet returns. Players should note to have some plaid on their person, be prepared to offer bribes to the officials, and know the Queen of An Tir is always the winner.
We are introducing a brand-new contest! Present and wear your best Bycoket hat during the William Tell Crossbow shoot. Decoration and flare are encouraged, and you must be able to wear it while you shoot.
There are several classes offered. These include:
1) “How medieval man viewed the heavens “Instructor Lord Olaf Blautand
Enter the medieval world for a presentation man’s relationship with the universe. Course will be presented in a personal encampment appropriate to the topic. Topic will be done as a person living during the 14th century. People may want to bring their own chairs. There may be a viewing of the heavens in the modern age. Check site handout for time and location.
2)Basic drape patterning for sleeves – Instructor Moira Ramsey Baroness Stromgard Needs: Fabric, stapler with staples, permanent marker to be held Saturday 10:00 AM in 4H building.
3) Ottoman musical modes and myths – instructor Mistress Khanzara Saturday 4 p.m.
Needs: Bring percussion instrument, chromatic scale melody instrument, or come and listen.
4) Byzantine beaded chain jewelry – Instructor Mistress Khanzara Saturday 10:00 am
Needs: needle nose and round nose pliers; small wire cutters. Loaners may be available.
5) Torchwork glass drop pendants – Instructor Duncan Vitrarius Baron of Stromgard
Limit of 6 students There will be no cost. Check site handout for exact time and day.
6) Overview on the Plumbata – instructor Master Jerald of Huntington Saturday 6 p.m.
7) Tam classes – Artillers Guild people will offer several times.
8) Reproducing the Medieval and early Tudor gardens in the Weald and Downland Museum
Instructor Julia of Town of Taylor – Class cost – $7 for handout and seeds; – 60-minute class. Will offer 2X on Friday.
Additional classes may be offered.
Open flamed fire pits, torches, and lanterns are not allowed on site. Propane firepits are. Pets are allowed, but must be on leash. Smoking policy is per Kingdom law.
Handicap accessible, and showers on site. Limited power outlets and wifi should be available.
If you need special consideration for camping, such as RV/trailer or electrical outlet, please contact us so we can ensure you have the necessary accommodation.