Hosted In-person by
The Shire of Southmarch (Klamath Falls – Klamath & Lake counties, OR )
Event Main Contact (Branch Seneschal): Southmarch Seneschal
Date: November 13 , 2021
Site opens at: 9:00 AM on November 13th 2021
Site closes at: 6:00 PM on
Midland Community Hall
111 Old Midland Rd
Midland, OR 97634
The Shire of Southmarch is pleased to announce that the Annual Frostbite Tournament will go forward! The event will be held as a one-day event on Saturday, November 13, 2021, in Midland, Oregon.
Come join the Shire of Southmarch for revels that will include a Heavy Armored Tournament and a Rapier Tournament to determine the next Shire of Southmarch Champions. There will also be a Bardic Competition and a Feast!
- Lists for both Heavy & Rapier Championships will open at 9:30 am and closes at 10:30. Armor inspection begins at 1O am Current Champions to determine tournament formats.
- Invocation will begin at 11 am, immediately followed by the Heavy Championship tournament.
- Rapier Championship tournament will start ½ hour after the conclusion of the Heavy tournament.
- The Feast, accompanied by the Bardic Competition, will begin following the tournaments. The Feast menu will include stewed pork, glazed carrots, barley, honey roasted chicken, garlic mushrooms, lozenges (mac and cheese), turnip soup, Angel food dessert (sweet cheese) and a mulled apple cider to drink.
- The Bardic Competition participants will have 3 pieces to be presented during the feast. 1st piece: Period or original in a period style piece (no documentation required), 2nd piece: Sea Shanties (Family Friendly Please!), 3rd piece: Bard’s Best.
Site Fee: $10.00- ages 18 & older $15.00 For Non-Members. Children under 18 are free. Feast is included in Site Fee, but you must preregister for feast by texting name and number of people in your party to (541) 331-0850 (you will receive a confirmation reply). Pay at gate in cash or check payable to the “Shire of Southmarch SCA, Inc.”.
Regarding Minors, Please Bring all necessary Paperwork for Minors and signed medical release. If the child is not yours signed document appointing Guardian for said child with photo ID.
The Waiver form can be found here https://antirsca.sharepoint.com/sites/library/Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2Flibrary%2FDocuments%2FSeneschal%20Public%20Web%20Documents%2FForms%2F15%5F4%5FYearAuthorization%2Epdf&parent=%2Fsites%2Flibrary%2FDocuments%2FSeneschal%20Public%20Web%20Documents%2FForms&p=true&originalPath=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbnRpcnNjYS5zaGFyZXBvaW50LmNvbS86Yjovcy9saWJyYXJ5L0ViWE5ZRUw1MHV0UHNjdGo1M1NxaVVFQmRtZGtYTDBWZk1RQ0RrUlhCYkxNWEE_cnRpbWU9M19fLVhjaVIyVWc
Site Info: Opens at 9AM – Closes at 6PM
Event Stewart: Master Sven Gotfriedson, moc.oohay@nosdeirftog_nevS, (C) 530-300-3351
Location: Midland Community Hall, 111 Old Midland Rd, Midland, Oregon 97634
Effective 11/01/2021 Per Kingdom Policy:
Please bring proof of being fully vaccinated must be in form of a government issued card (original or photograph or electronic record), or a negative COVID test must be issued from licensed medical provider and presented in a paper form or electronic form such that the event staff can verify its authenticity. For questions please see Kingdom of An Tir Policy. https://antir.org/announcements/antirs-vaccination-or-testing-implementation-policy/?fbclid=IwAR1LdowVw3jm6tnq9DKHSaJq0V5P2pJP1LS4rLwmrwPrsVVKGQx2pfdLYpA
Feast will be prepared and served following the new Kingdom of An Tir guidance effective November 1, 2021.
Although the SCA complies with all applicable laws to try to ensure the health and safety of our event participants, we cannot eliminate the risk of exposure to infectious diseases during in-person events. By participating in the in-person events of the SCA, you acknowledge and accept the potential risks. You agree to take any additional steps to protect your own health and safety and those under your control as you believe to be necessary.