The Barony of Seagirt (Victoria, BC )
Event Main Contact (Event Steward): Lucy Holgrove
Date: December 1 , 2018
Site opens at: 12:00 AM on December 1th 2018
Site closes at: 11:59 PM
James Bay New Horizons
Victoria, BC V8V 2G7
We invite all gentles to attend the Barony of Seagirt’s Frost Fair! Join us on the frozen Thames river in late Elizabethan London for food, holiday shopping, the Seagirt Bardic Championship, and more merriment…
1) Seagirt Bardic Championship:
* Two pieces.
* Including one period piece, other should be SCA related, or in a period style.
* Documentation 2 pages max!
* Bonus marks for a winter or Elizabethan theme (snow, ice, holiday, the frozen Thames, etc).
2) Costume Contest – As last year’s contest was so popular, we will again run the Holiday-ify your dress (or make an entire new holiday outfit). Prizes for “Most Subtle” and “Ugly Sweater”.
3) Snowflake in any Medium – Painted, embroidered, carved – your choice! Prizes for Child, Youth & Adult.
4) Immaculate Confection – Our traditional dessert Yule contest, with prizes for Best Tasting, Best Display, and Best Period.
5) Super Six Largesse Competition – Bring 6 of the same items to be donated to Seagirt Largesse. Items should be small, handmade, period/authentic items that are not breakable or overly heavy. Please label each item with a tag indicating your SCA name, branch, and a little bit of information about the item’s origins and use. Winners will be determined by populace vote
Site fee is $25 for adults. Full time post secondary students and seniors (65+) are $20. There is a $5 discount for SCA members. Children and Youth (17 and younger) are FREE.
Site opens at 8am for staff and merchants. Site opens at 9:00am for all other gentles. Site closes at 11pm.
Please check back frequently for updates!