Date: May 23 , 2014 until May, 26 2014
Site opens at: 12:00 AM on May 23th 2014
Site closes at: 12:00 AM on May 26th 2014
Lynx Hollow State Park
80998 Davisson Rd.
Creswell, OR 97426
We invite you to the Ruby Anniversary of the first Egils
Skallagrimson Memorial Tournament!
This year is Egils XL, which marks the 40th Anniversary. Please
come and help Adiantum celebrate this milestone!
Adult (Members): $20; Adult
Day Trip (per day): $10; (non-members): $15
Youth (10-17): $10; Children (0-9): Free; Family Cap: $60
Camping: Don’t know where you’re camping yet? Ask
Pets: Thinking of bringing a pet? Here’s some
“Pets are limited to cats, dogs, and
non-livestock birds, a minimum of 6 months old, with proof of
current rabies vaccination. Proof must show an expiration date and
can either be mailed with the pre-registration or presented at gate
upon arrival. We want you to stay, but the Park rules won’t
let your pet in without the proof of vaccination! This policy was
set by the Parks Department.”
Read on for some of the
things we have planned!
Anniversary Party: Come help us celebrate our
anniversary with a big shindig! This will be Saturday evening
(about half an hour after the sun goes down); look for the neat
lights up on the meadow. There will be nosh and nibbles as well as
non-alcoholic beverages, but BYOB. If you are interested in
helping, or incorporating your party in with us, please let
egils.sca AT gmail.com know.
- Fighting! Come, vie for prizes and show of your valorous skill
and honorable death.
- Archery! Come, show your sharpshooting skills upon the range.
Archery Events at Egil’s include:
- Friday 9 PM | Candle Shoot – After
Dark, Celebrate arrival and completed camp setup with a giant
candle for a target, only the moon, stars and candles for light to
aim by! – no loaner arrows for this shoot.
- Saturday 10 AM – 12 PM | 3 Pillars Achery
Competition. Includes the following shoots: 4D, Ship Yard,
Port-Able, Cardalot, The KRACKEN!, and much more! But wait! If we
get 20 archers or 6 crossbows to enter is will be a Grand
Archery Tournament! So come out and shoot!
- Saturday 2 – 5 PM | Fun with Medieval Archery
(Open Range with fun targets!)
- Sunday 10 AM – 12 PM | Period Archery
Challenge from Lord John Wyland. Both those with and those
without Period Gear are welcome to participate. Details to come.
Prize: Period Long Bow (if you don’t have one
- Sunday 10 – 2 | SPAM Hunt with Don the
Archer! If you haven’t ever hunted SPAM, now’s the time to
- Sunday 10-2 | Archery Marshal (Book)
Class with Royal Archer Loric: Persons interested in
becoming an Archery Marshal or Youth Archery Marshal in Training
will be able to go through the Society Target and AnTir Addendum
with our Royal Archer himself! After passing the class hands-on
practice will be available during the Sunday Afternoon Shoot.
- Sunday 2 – 4 PM | Sunday Fun Shoot (open range
with fun targets!): The Hunt is Up! SPAM, Bears, quail,
what’s left of the Kracken. We will have lots to shoot.
Other favorite targets from the weekend and Royal Rounds will also
be available at the Marshal’s discretion.
- More information on the ranges, and schedule can be found
- Rapier! Come, help us make the fields run red with the blood of
This year we will have both an Artisan Village to wander through
and a list of classes to keep you entertained! Classes and the
village generally run from 10-4, with a few classes starting
earlier or later. Classes and demos will be posted as we get closer
to the event, so check back!
- Artisan’s Village! Do you like to cook over an open fire?
In clay pots? Like teaching others but find you don’t have
enough time at most events to do some of the really FUN stuff? Want
to try out some new recipes but don’t want to wait until West
An Tir War? Well, then please consider bringing your passion for
medieval cooking and yummy foods to the Egil’s Artisan
Village! Let me know if you are interested in sharing the Joys of
Cooking-Forsoothly! The Artisan Village at Egils is just the thing
to take care of that itch!m Bring your period cooking equipment and
join us. Contact Suvia at artisan AT alfalfapress.com to get get
your food geek on. Read more about this year’s Artisan’s
- “Tile Painting – Italian” with Elsbeth Cameron from Reannag
- “Tile Painting – Islamic” with Elsbeth Cameron from Reannag
- “Carved Ceramic Stamps” with Sarre Greyhand
- “Simple wardrobe additions: 1st – 16th centuries” with
- “Arm yourselves, ladies: Exploring the reasons women should
fight” with Tam’re Brekke
- “Tempera painting with period pigments” with Antonia
- “Panel Painting” with Antonia Crivelli
- “Oak Gall Ink” with Hrodric
- “Making Bone Needles” with Hrodric
- “Wool Fleece Preperation for Spinning” with Rowan
- “Herbs, Teas, and Tinctures; We are Still Medieval” with Joanne
- “Frisian Hats of the 7th to 10th centuries” with Yseult of
- “Basic Hand Embroidery/Bayeux Tapestry” with Ayla Roth
- “Kumihimo” with Alys out of Gold Key
- “Making your own strigulae: a Greco-Roman bathing tool” with
- Fingerloop Braiding” with Idonia
- For times and full descriptions, look here.
- Bardic! Come vie for the title as bard most fierce, most
original, most ….silly?… at our annual bardic competition.
Three Pillars Competition
- Three Pillars: Compete in martial, service and arts categories
for prizes! Each contest winner wins a prize, and the person with
the most points overall wins an extra big prize! Past overall
prizes have included day shades, chairs and other fabulous
- Competitions include: Archery, Period Encampment, Costuming,
Decorative Useful object, most service hours and many more!
- Brewing! This year there will be two brewing competitions at
Egil’s with a combined overall champion chosen from the
competitors of both. In both completions, competitors may enter any
safely consumable beverage in which yeast is used to provide
fermentation but lacks distillation (Eg. Beers, wines, and meads
are OK, but cordials, infusions, and whisky are not). A competitor
may enter the same brew in both competitions. There will be a
Battle of the Best Brews (whose brew tastes best?)
and a Brewing Arts and Sciences Throw Down (This
competition is for the hard core recreationist brewer) as well as
an overall competition. For more information,
Futher information can be found on Facebook here. Our website is currently under construction.
You can also follow the latest news from Egils on Twitter.