Administrative Retreat


Event Summary

Event Main Contact (Event Steward): David De Rosier-Blanc
Date: January 30 , 2015 until February, 1 2015
Site opens at: 12:00 AM on January 30th 2015
Site closes at: 12:00 AM on February 1th 2015

Event site:
Kerby Belt Building
24311 Redwood Highway Kerby, OR 97537


Summits Administrative Retreat AS 49 (2015)

Greetings unto all the hardworking Seneschals and
hard-calculating Exchequers of the Summits.

I am pleased to announce that it’s time to get together and
share knowledge and understanding
of our positions within our branches of the Principality. 
This is a wonderful opportunity to find out
precisely what you need to know to make your job less fraught with
unknowns and concerns over
whether you’re doing everything you are supposed to be doing as
well as doing those things the
right way.

To that end, we will all be gathering on the last weekend of
January in the humble shire of Myrtle
Holt to take some well deserved time to learn and share.


If you are intending on attending this event, please be so kind
as to go to the following link and
pre-register so that we can properly accomodate for food and other



6:00 PM Friday 1/30 – 3:00 PM 2/1

Explanation:  We’ve arranged that the site will be
available to have “camp le mat” style dorm sleeping
on Friday Night and Saturday night.  This is to decrease the
encumberance of cost to the attendees and
their respective branches of the principality/kingdom.  So
please bring your sleeping bags, cots, air mattresses
etc as necessary to have a slumber party with your

Should you not feel comfortable with camping in this style, or are
in need of a real bed, there is a motel about
1/8th of a mile from the facility and a B&B also quite
close.  Or, you can find crash space with some local
Holtians if that suits your fancy.   If you need
additional information on Motel/B&B contact the Event


HL David de Rosier-Blanc
Email:   ten.tenreitnorf@ocnaibbd  (yes, there
really is the redundancy on the part!)

Phone:  541-597-2720  (land line)  
541-415-0001  (cell phone — please use this for texting
purposes, I’ve limited cell reception quite regularly)


Tentative – Updated as of 1/27/2015

There will be 2 tracks…  One for the Seneschals, the
other for the Exchequers


  • 6:00 PM Site opens and sleeping hall set-up

  • Social activity

  • 12:00 AM Lights out


  • 8:00 AM


    Breakfast and morning caffeine infusion

  • 8:30 AM     All tracks


    Quick Orientation to the schedule

  • 9:00 AM   

    Break into Seneschal and Exchequer groups

      Seneschal Track

  • 9:00 AM


    Introductions; ask each participant what they want to get out of
    the weekend; specific questions that need answering

  • 10:15 AM



  • 10:30 AM    Being a seneschal


    • Duties

    • Reporting

    • Dealing with the modern world

      • Special topic – Marijuana

    • Minor policies

    • Conducting effective meetings

    • Resources

  • 12:00 PM



  • 1:00 PM

    “BAMO” and “PEPP”: Prioritizing and problem


  • 3:00 PM


  • 3:30 PM


    Conflict Resolution

    Lindis de Aquisgranno

      Exchequer Track

  • 9:00 AM


    Introduction lead by Kingdom Exchequer

  • 9.30 AM

    File sharing to all laptops and introduction to General

  • 10.15 AM


  • 10.30 AM

    Continuation of General Ledger and introduction to Quarterly

  • 12.00 PM


  • 1.00 PM

    Breakout and team working on Quarterly Report scenarios


  • 6:00 PM

    Dinner and Socialization

  • 12:00 AM

    Lights out


  • 7:00 AM


    Breakfast and morning caffeine infusion

  • 7:50 AM     All track

    Quick Orientation to the schedule

  • 8:00 AM   

    Recent Summits Law and Financial Policy changes  

    – Suvia filia Hereberti

      Seneschal Track:

  • 10:00 AM

    Do stuff and do more training

I’d like to talk about using tech tools to make their jobs

Summits Specific Projects and Issues


Championship events

Planning for the future of the Summits

      Exchequer Track:

  • One on one help each other

  • Continuation of Book audits with the Kingdom Exchequer

  • 12:00 PM

    Clean up (All hands!)

  • 2:00 PM

    End time


One of the important activities
that’s scheduled for this event is to have each branch
get a chance to
have a one-on-one review of the their branch’s records for the last
2 years with the Kingdom Exchequer/Summits Principality
Exchequer.  The intent of this is not so much an “audit” but
an opportunity to get individual time to make sure that each
branch’s records are in order and to help keep these records in
accordance with corporate and kingdom requirements.  It is
normal that these reviews would happen on an annual
basis.   And to help answer questions that might be more
specific on a branch basis than information in the main sessions
might cover.

Each Exchequer should bring all
their records (bank statements, ledgers/check registers, check
request authorization forms, quarterly reports, etc.) for the last
2 years.  In other words, your file box of branch records for
the last 2 years.


Myrtle Holt and
Briaroak   (These will happen off-site
at Summits Exchequer’s home when Kingdom Exchequer





Starting at 8:00 AM, then
proceeding in order as quickly as possible…
(Order has been set based on distance of travel so that people who
have farther to get home can do so starting sooner)

  1. Coeur De
  2. Tymberhavene
  3. Southmarch
  4. Glyn

As noted above, this is a
tentative schedule and will be getting more details as they become


Please bring your Feast Gear as
we’re trying to conserve on providing disposable dishes/utensils
order to provide more and better food, and, of course, for the

It is the intention of the event
steward to provide food for the following meals:

Breakfast Saturday morning

Lunch Saturday

Dinner Saturday

Breakfast Sunday morning

No meals will be offered on
Friday Evening, nor at lunch on Sunday as we’ll hopefully all
be on our way home by then.

The event steward will be making some level of effort to provide
options for the meals for those
who are gluten intolerant.  However, if you have other
significant dietary concerns beyond than,
please plan on trying to accomodate your needs as there are limits
to my ability to juggle too many
variables in this regard.

Cleaning your feast gear: 
We will be providing access to the site’s wonderful dishwashing
set-up for
everybody to do their dishes… perhaps work together to decrease
crowding during heavy usage times.
There will be special bins for “plate scrapings” which will be
redirected into the feed for the Event Steward’s
pig, who really appreciates our left-overs, but isn’t very friendly
with the idea of eating plastic or other such
inedibles.    Also, there will be “recycling can”
for cans/bottles, which goes to our branch “Keeper of the Black


Accomadations:   The facility is not normally intended,
nor normally allows, overnight staying
however we’ve had special consideration for this event.  As a
result, it should be noted that the sleeping
facility will be co-ed dormitory style and you should plan on
bringing what will make you comfy to sleep on
in that context (cot, inflatable matress, sleeping bag, etc).

Bathing:  As noted above, as the facility is not intended for
overnight stay, there are normal men’s and
women’s restrooms, but there are no shower facilities.  So,
plan accordingly.

External Accomadations:   Should physical constraints
prevent you from being able to use the sleeping
accomadations above, there are two very nearby places to

Kerbyville Inn (B&B)

(Located almost directly across the street from
the site)

24304 Redwood Highway, Kerby, OR

Rates:  Please call for


Holiday Motel

(Located about 3/10 of a mile from the

24810 Redwood Highway, Kerby, OR


Rates:  Please call for


PLEASE NOTE:  If you need to arrange
external lodging and are intending that your branch
will be helping cover that expense, please be certain that this has
been properly approved
by your branch/branch financial committee prior to attending. 
Otherwise, this expense will
be an out-of-pocket expense for you personally.



There will be no charge for this event in terms of a gate
fee.  See Registration section above…

However, it should be noted that since this is a required event
for Branch Seneschals and Exchequers,
it is their responsibility to get their travel costs reimbursed
from their specific branches, and approval
from their Branch Financial Committees for their anticipated costs
of travel if necessary before the
Retreat.     Carpooling and any other
cost-saving opportunities are highly recommended!



This page for event id 6415 was last updated: November 5, 2018
This event has completed its EIF form
This event's waivers have NOT been marked as received by the Senechal's Waivers Deputy